Aus Ants Acrylic Ant Farm Nest Medium
Aus Ants Acrylic Ant Farm Nest Medium by Aus Ants at CACCB. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. WHY PICK AUS ANTS ACRYLIC NESTS?Aus Ants have been ant keeping for many years. One look at their Youtube channel''Ants Australia'' and it's clear, they know what theyre talking about. They have poured all of their knowledge and ant keeping experience into designing, producing, and then testing hundreds of nests over the past years to arrive at these current designs.Aus Ants acrylic formicaria come fully assembled, ready to use. They're sealed together with stainless steel screws. To ensure thes
Product Description & Reviews
WHY PICK AUS ANTS ACRYLIC NESTS?Aus Ants have been ant keeping for many years. One look at their Youtube channel"Ants Australia" and it's clear, they know what theyre talking about. They have poured all of their knowledge and ant keeping experience into designing, producing, and then testing hundreds of nests over the past years to arrive at these current designs.Aus Ants acrylic formicaria come fully assembled, ready to use. They're sealed together with stainless steel screws. To ensure these exposed screws dont scratch the surface of your tabletop, bench, or shelf, smooth dome nuts are fitted onto their feet. Because our nests are tightly sealed, it makes them an excellent option for tiny ant species, of which have been known to escape nests made from alternative materials such as ytong, plaster, grout, or resin. The robust nature of acrylic also allows it to be reused many times over. Simply move your colony out, disassemble the nest, give it a good clean under some hot water, reassemble, and its ready to house ants once again. Aus Ants Acrylic formicaria are built to go the distance!The top layer of each nest feature laser cut micro holes for improved ventilation, without the risk of the tiniest ant species ever escaping. The transparency of their cast acrylic layers surpasses that of glass, with zero distortion of light waves. Plus, the base plate of the nest (where the ants reside on) is a slightly opaque white, allowing for both light to bounce off, and shine through. This reflective white base, in conjunction with the highly translucent top layer, provides the ant keeper with a crystal clear, untainted view of all the action within! Making the nests ideal for filming and photography. Additionally, as the base plate is semi-translucent, when a light source is positioned behind this layer, it glows, illuminating the ants from below. This helps the ants stand out clean and clear from the nest, and results in an interest
Features & Highlights
- 1 X Aus Ants Medium Sized Acrylic Nest
- 2 X Vinyl tubing segment (5cm in length)
- Aus Ants Acrylic nests are comprised of 5 separate sheets of acrylic. Acrylic is a lightweight and robust thermoplastic. Once the stainless fittings are tightened and assembled as a formicarium, these sheets form a solid structure that is both water retentive and escape proof. A perfect environment for a thriving ant colony!
- The nests require around 5-10 ml of water every 3 to 6 days, depending upon ambient temperature, as well as the particular ant species being housed (as some ants may prefer their nest wetter or drier than others). Its advised you do some research and experimenting to find your ant species ideal humidity preferences.
- Aus Ants Acrylic formicaria are the perfect environments for ant colonies, big and small. This medium sized formicarium is suitable for housing a colony ranging from 100 to 2,000 ants (depending on the size of ant species). The depth of the chambers (9mm) is more than enough to comfortably accommodate all ant species.
Have questions about this item (0300843898209), or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Aus Ants, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
mpn: BSM Sciences, ean: 9313920036358,
Bring the wild world indoors with the coolest range of creature habitats known to mankind. Connectable, collectible sets let you build as big as your imagination will allow. This Future Farm will connect to the Ant-O-Sphere Kit, sold separately. With...
Create an attractive habitat for viewing your butterflies. Our Deluxe Habitat provides enough space for your butterflies to flutter around, allowing you and your students to observe their behavior. Made of a washable mesh, the habitat is easy to asse...
mpn: habitat-1, ean: 7678588007044,
Color: white+black Unfold size: S: 11.8*11.8*11.8in; M: 15.7*15.7*23.6in; L: 23.6*23.6*35.4in; XL: 23.6*23.6*70.9in. Material: Butterfly habitat: polyester mesh net, PVC and high-strength memory steel holder Feature: Portable side opening habit...
mpn: 0T2421204TL, ean: 0794628133980,
Backyard Safari Land and Water Lighted Habitat lets you create your very own natural history museum. Bugs, frogs, turtles, lizards or snakes-this habitat can be home sweet home to a menagerie of exotic creatures. A built-in pool for amphibious critte...